Saturday, May 14, 2011

OK OK... So I missed another week. The last couple of weeks have been a little crazy. It was the end of the spring semester at school and if work were a person it would be locked away in a mental hospital for severe psychotic behavior. I would go into it more, but I honestly don't think anyone would believe me. From the workplace harassment cover ups, the massive ripoff to taxpayers the entire place is, to the never ending saga of the broken toilets. Each one of these has at least a blogs worth of material to write about. I have, at the advice of my wonderful wife, chosen to avoid any topics that involve work. Partly because we don't want me to get fired. Partly because I already take a crap load of medication just to get through a day at that place so I do not need to relive it at home.

This semester ended well. By well I mean it's over. I took two classes, AC/DC Circuits and Systems and Precalculous. Did you know Precalculus was a foreign language? This surprised me because it was listed as a math class when I registered. Two nights a week for fifteen weeks I sat there and desperately tried to follow along. My professor was engaging and full of energy. She wrote everything clearly so we could all easily take notes. I didn't understand a single word she said. Other people in the class could speak this language quite fluently. It was extremely fascinating watching the interaction, kind of like watching a foreign culture as an anthropologist. Except I'm not an anthropologist so it didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment